Updated: Oct 12, 2021
ABN: 97 487 695 909
8 Elliott Street
Surfers Paradise Qld 4217
PO Box 800
Southport BC Qld 4215
January 2020 President’s Report.
- We now have our Native beehive in the garden, thanks to Neil Morley. The bees have settled in and are busy working on the trees in the rainforest. We are not taking orders for honey yet.
- Thanks to Rob Molhoek for arranging eight display boards and an office desk, donated by James Kennett.
- Lis arranged a limited number of 2020 of desk calendars to be printed with photos including plants and buildings around the museum. As the calendars were so successful, in future, we will have a good supply for sale. There are still a few available for $10.
- I find it interesting how visitors (tourists) find the museum, most tell us they used Google maps, Trip advisor, and various computer search engines. The museum is featured on many websites including our own. In Google, type in “Museums Gold Coast” then select “City of Gold Coast Community Museums and Local History” a very good site. Some sites like Destination Gold Coast need some searching before you find the museum. '
- Many visitors hear about the museum by listening to our sponsor radio station 94.1FM. We still have a tuckeroo tree in a pot for sale.
- We are upgrading the steam engine shed to highlight the Johnston & Freeman sawmill & joinery which was in Nind Street Southport. The two original steam engines were built in 1870 by Ransomes, Sims & Jefferies, Ipswich England. Calling all members - we are short-staffed for our Sunday rosters.
- Can you help out for a day or a few hours by backing up our regular Volunteers to meet and great the public, help open the museum buildings on Sunday or close at the end of day? If interested call me on the museum phone or email us on email@example.com David Leitch
President Phone: 0421 490 035